Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Two Holiday Traditions

I just listed, again for my wonderful friend, my first Hanukkah Felted Art Collectible.  It took me quite awhile to make - unfortunately, I did not design it beforehand which left me with the "what now?" predicament.  I'm not doing that again..... I do trust my creative ability, but I had several elements going at the same time - the traditional color blue, yellow for the Festival of Lights, a menorah and a white cloth in the shape of the Star of David.  Finally, I was finished.  It became very thick and very old world looking.  Old World meaning like it had been around for awhile - slightly worn and a bit off kilter.




I've asked my dear friend to tell me what other scenes she would like.  I have a few in mind, but I'm leaving it up to her.

Now, on the other side of the coin or should I say, HOLIDAY SPECTRUM, is Ye Olde Christmas Tree.  Now here is something simpler.   I didn't do any drawings for it either, but left it up to my creative juices to decide about the decorationsy.  So out came some beads.  Now, I hate invisible thread (after all, who can see it?).  So, I thought I could use embroidery thread as an accent rather than trying to hide how the beads are attached.  Perfect.  Then I added my favorite french knots in yellow.  I embroidered a yellow star for the top.





2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails