Thursday, April 1, 2010

Little Pastel Felted-April 1st

The first day of April..the windows are open.. APRIL FOOLS!! (building across the street) HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine..in the 60's..predicted in 80's this weekend..phew!  Glad I got my sandals out a few weeks ago.  Still waiting for grandbaby #2.   I finished my Chai Tea Latte ☕.  Here's a picture of part of my desk...
↩Here's one of my fav. statues

I'm also glad I tried something else new.  My Fibromyalgia has been acting up lately so I didn't want to work too hard - like on a bowl or a big project.  So, I wet felted a 6" x 4" rectangle.  The top two layers are of Blue Faced Lancester wool (great looking sheep, btw) that I bought from Kay Slaughter of Cordova Studios (All Things Fiber) on Etsy.  Here's her link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CordovaStudios.  I used light blue merino wool from my stash as the base. I added bits of Sari ribbon and covered them with tiny fibers of wool so they would be somewhat attached.   Here's the link for the shop that sells the Sari ribbon:   http://www.etsy.com/shop/designtalentedone .   I also added strands of tussah silk.  Only three layers in this baby.  I probably could have felted it more, but I like it just the way it is......here are some shots:




Yes, these are very light photos...the piece is very soft and pastel and I didn't want to overdue color saturation in editing.  Why is it that pictures of feltings never do it justice?  Here's a few closeups:


The BFL wool is dyed in the pastels you see.  The peach bits are the Sari ribbon.  I embroidered around three of them with peach thread.  The kicker for me is that I also PAINTED✍ on the felt after it dried.  I used Faber-Castell artist pens - dabbed some color on.  I also used ✒India Ink✒ in different colors and some light green metallic liquid acrylic (see it underneath the flowers and top right and left).

I took this picture outside....notice how the sun hits it with little dots (coming through our fence)...I'm going to use this concept later.☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀


So, what else to do to it and how will I display it?  I'm afraid to overload it.  I know it doesn't look like all that much in the photos, but it is so soft and pastelly and delicate....mmmmm.  Below are some of the beads I found in my stash.  See the little pearls?  Yep, I can use them to represent where the sun hit...

I'm not good at using invisible thread - can't see the darn thing!!!!!!!!  Ha Ha - so I'm not that sure about using these small beads.

Any ideas anyone?  I'll ponder .........!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails