Saturday, February 5, 2011

Woven Wall Hanging, "Summer Siesta"

I just listed my third woven, "Summer Siesta"on Etsy.  The name comes a friend, Janet Kirkham, who is on the  FiberArts/Mixed Media website with me and tons of other very talented artists! Here's my page:     http://www.fibermixedmedia.com/profile/ConnieBerlin.  Shameful promoting and why not?


All I've really done to it is paint a wooden dowel orange and add two needlefelted beads in orange and aqua to the ends.  Like the other two hangings, the beads are moveable.  Almost forgot, I also painted a piece of muslin for the back in orange acrylic paint.  As you can see, it is signed, named and dated.



I have to say, I really like this one because I put so much into it.  No, not the time, well, yes....but I mean I added so many textural elements.  I will stop here as I have the purple/green one I'm working on.

Let's just say for Ms. Purple/Green - she's turning out WAYYY different from wence she started......

curious?  maybe tomorrow.

I also need to do another "Getting to Know my Felter".  Would you like to see some of the pottery I did a ways back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails