Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"That's a Beautiful Thing"



I've created many different pieces since I opened my Shop, SensoryFelteds, a year ago this past Halloween.  I have also made countless felted creations not listed on Etsy.  Of course, as any artist, there's that idea, how do I translate it into felt, what colors to use, how to market it, etc.

When I created Felt Art Collectibles, ideas came tumbling out as the seasons changed...flowers, pumpkins,  mennorahs, birch trees, snowmen and then came the time honored wreath - I wanted to fill it with tiny embroidery stitches, beads, a bow all captured in a 4 x 4 1/2" collectible to display on a mini easel or hang on the wall.

I wet felted the background in white merino wool, with green for the wreath and a blob of red for the bow.

My daughter, husband, 3 1/2 year old grandson and our new 7 month old grandson came to visit.  The 3 1/2 year old and I were in the livingroom.  I had this very rudimentary piece there and I guess I was thinking of working on it when things slowed down.

He asked me, "What is that Gramsie?"  I told him what I was going to make and he said,

'THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING"

Here was this very simple piece not looking very festive at all.  I was amazed not only at the words my grandson uttered but at the sincerity and appreciation in his voice for something so basic.  Isn't that just the way it should be.  

To me, he is "a beautiful thing"!

Now, of course, it is all decked out and what I consider to be one of my best pieces......but to this day, it's still for sale on Etsy - maybe it's meant for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails