Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh, Sweet Dove

I've taken a real break from my blog, creating and Etsy.  After my car accident, somehow I kept losing my "umph"!  Then last week I went to Vermont to visit my daughter, her husband and my two sweet grandsons.  I came away without the terrible colds they had and without too many aches.  I feel quieter, healthier and certainly loved.

I think I needed a total break - you know those times when you just want to walk away from almost everything.  I haven't gone into my artroom for quite some time.  Our local sheep and wool festival is coming in two weeks - I always come home with oodles of roving..we'll see this time.  I'm also working on changing my eating habits - had a wonderful cooking lesson while in Vermont - I am finally going to take care of myself and feel deserving of it - ahhh, there's the crux.

So, since there is nothing creative from myself to show you....

Yesterday morning I was in the backyard letting Buster the Beagle do his thing.  I saw what seemd to be a Mother/Daughter act.  One big dove and a smaller one sitting on my fence - they were quiet.  Then, I looked down and saw a broken robin's egg - so blue.  Then I went to get into the car and saw the same small dove perched ontop of it.  I rushed upstairs and got my camera.

I took a picture from the porch stems of my townhouse and then walked closer - he didn't move - I took another picture.   Here they are....



What a lovely way to start the day.

I do have some new ideas for my own creativity which are bubbling up inside --- stay tuned, all is not lost!

HAPPY SPRING - hoping it is somewhat warm where you are and that you are safe and sound!

1 comment:

  1. I have missed your posts, but I know exactly how you are feeling. You will know when you are ready to get back to it! I envy you being able to go to the wool fest, I think I would probably go into overload...lol
    Lovely pictures of the dove....I love when they land in my backyard in the early morning...they are such sweet birds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails