Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creative Urgency Influences #1

It's been another long time since I've posted here - this is partially due to the end of teaching, family functions and a wonderful trip to Las Vegas AND the lack of producing any Felteds.

There is a change coming within me and it started with incorporating healing foods into my diet.

Another ia a creativity change.  This is a slow process.  I feel I have to "clear out" my creative mind of all the myriads of interests: beads, fabric, thread, fiber, wool, sculpey, weaving....it's all to much to hold.  I have accepted that I am capable of holding all of these within me AND it's time to go for one..just ONE because I am getting nowhere and the urgency is there and I must speak to it.

While I was in Las Vegas, I found a wonderful artist, ANJA.  I saw her work in several galleries in the hotels.  Her name is Anja Van Herle..



You have to go to her website to view these images and so many more.  The paintings are acrylic and are huge!  I saw them as I was walking by and had to go in every time.  What draws me is the faces - she
frequently uses my hairstyle - and I love the clean lines and those EYES!
http://anjav.com/

HER PAINTINGS ARE QUITE LARGE, ACRYLIC ON CANVAS MOUNTED ON WOOD.  

YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY APPRECIATE HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS IS FROM THIS PHOTO.  THE DETAIL IS AMAZING!

I will leave you with her and discuss how she is influencing me next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails