Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gone from the Garden but not Forgotten

As Fall approaches and many of our flowers have either faded or died, I thought I would feature a few of my Felted Flower Mini Art Quilts.  We are very ready, as you have noticed in stores, to jump ahead in time - even as far as Christmas.  I can't believe that JoAnne's has Christmas ornaments, etc!

We've heard the sayings, "Stay in the moment", "Live for today", "Stop and smell the roses" and other such phrases.   On the other hand, we're out and about leaping ahead to the next experience - albeit sometimes pleasant ones.    I've felt alot more connected to the "now" since making the little quilts.  I have had to study flowers, focus on the design and taken tiny stitches - all the while thinking of the big picture (well, mini picture, haha).

I enjoy touching the bumblebees that I featured in a previous post.  Yesterday, I watched a Praying Mantis making his/her way across a window at the school where I work.  What's the center of a Sunflower look like?  What about Fall leaves - how many curves and spikes?  Then there are the grasshoppers - what a surprise to step into my garden and have something "boing" up!

I think I'll stay in this Indian Summer, pre-Fall mode.  I must admit, I enjoy wearing my boots and looks like my toenail polish will fade just like the flowers!  Anyway, here are some of my blooms..

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

WHEN THE WINTER MONTHS COME UPON US - HOW NICE TO RE-PLANT THESE ON A WALL OR A TABLE.  THE SEEDS OF RENEWAL ARE ALWAYS THERE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails