Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting ReDefined



Happy New Year to one and all!

The trip to Vermont was wonderful - luckily we bypassed the snow.  Family fantastic, especially our little Almost Three year old grandson.  We left for home early because we thought there was going to be a blizzard.

To and From and To and Fro I needlefelted.  I made a red heart and started embellishing it.  What came out was completely unexpected - what looked like a sandal. Hmmmmm.  Then I made another one and that came out fantastically unexpected - a tiger!!!!  As soon as I get some pictures taken, I'll post them.  For now, I'll say, they're great (hopefully) for Valentines Day.

I have, as planned, ReDefined what SensoryFelteds is.  It's easy to get sidetracked - with Etsy especially - it's fun to look at other Shops, go through the Forums, Chat Rooms and Blogs - but I found that this can take precious time away from felting.   It's all wonderful but I can get stuck on the "Selling" side and forget my original intent.  We all want our creations to be noticed and appreciated and for people to share in our enthusiasm.  This needs to be kept in mind.

I also want to stay true to creating organic pieces with plenty of color and movement.  My new hearts (mentioned above) are clever and a bit on the cutsie side so I'm not sure how organic they are - hmmmm, we'll see.

I have now posted three of my Fat Felted Flowers on Etsy.  I'm going to post a picture for you.  I love these Flowers - because I do believe they are unique and they are so colorful AND they combine crochet with felt.  Hopefully with my decision to buy a lightbox (did last night on Ebay), my pictures will be pro.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails